Monday, December 15, 2008

Week Fifteen...

Well, first off, apparently congrats go AGAIN To VBS... Unreal. We now have VBS and Badgergil with 4 wins, and a scattering of people with 1. Uh huh. Wow. I'm going to have to perform some sort of regression analysis on these picks, to see if a pattern can be detected....

Ahh yes, by far one of the hardest things you will have to do is to kill a loved one because they're the devil. Aside from that, Sunday wasn't too bad. Heh heh, no, seriously, one of the hardest things you're going to have to do is pick the winner of the Green Bay At Jacksonville game. Hmmm... The mind recoils in horror. You've sworn you're never taking the Jags again. Check. But you're off the Packer bandwagon too. Hmmm. Aaron Rodgers... David Garrard... Jack Del Rio... Mike McCarthy.... Ugh. This is like, if you were tied up, and dunked up to your neck in slime, and then lets say, another bag of slime was being thrown at your face... Would you duck, and dunk your head in the slime, or take the flying slime to your face???

Packer Nation likes to believe that it's all been glory and light, but there was this short period between 1971 and 1995 when we STUNK. Yes, we stunk. This game was a bad bad reminder of that stinky period. We rolled into an opponent, the Jacksonville Jaguars... a team reeling in disarray. A team whose season is over. A team playing for nothing. And we made them look good.

On paper, one would say "Hey, the Pack can get a win here." Whoops. Or not.



There's your Packer brain trust, right there. Yep. Hmm, what went wrong on that play?? Hard to say, coach... But the balcony on my new house comes out like THIS... (points with hand)...



There's your head coach. Uh huh. Coach, let me make a few points here, if I may:

#1. Zone blocking is not working. Here's how a zone blocking play looks to us fans: The runner runs, get's tackled by 5 enemy players. After the play, one notes that all 5 O-Linemen are standing around, looking at each other, like, wasn't he your guy?? I thought that was my guy?!? No, THAT was my guy, but I missed him... Yeah, whatever. Not working.

#2. I said 2 months ago, our offensive line is Mark Tauscher, and Not Exactly. Yeah, and Tausch is out for the year. 'Nuff said on that.

#3. (possibly an addendum to #1, but whatever) Zone blocking is causing us to draft these "athletic" lineman who can move, and pull, and run... and whatever. What they are is SMALL. Small, Ted, Small. Too frickin' small. They can't block. Even if they knew WHO to block (which they don't), and WHEN to block (which they don't), they CAN'T BLOCK THEM, because the dudes they are trying to block OUTWEIGH THEM BY 50 POUNDS APIECE!!!! Ahem, sorry, I'm calm now.

#4 Will Blackmon is really lucky he occasionally does a good job returning a kick, because he couldn't cover a Queen sized bed with a King sized comforter....

#5. Packer Nation better get used to guys like Ron Pitts doing their games.... ahhh, and you slobs complained about Troy Aikman and Joe Buck. Who's Crying now?? Exactly. At one point yesterday, he states "Both these QB's have had all day to throw." On the play before, literally, THE PLAY BEFORE, Rodgers is running for his life for like the third time. Am I watching the wrong game?? I did set up my new home theatre reciever the other day (and thanks to The Doc (Kathb4) for that), and I must have the audio mixed up. Maybe I was listening to announcing from another game, I dunno. Somebody email me and tell me if Ron Pitts was doing our game or not...

On the plus side, our new punter seems competent...

Anyways... I heard the Cowboy-Steeler game on XM radio, coming back from Florida. By the way, XM is pretty cool. I was kind of afraid of this.... Now I'm hooked on the "crack cocaine" that is XM... Now I'll have to subscribe... That game was tough to listen to though, especially the end. So I made an executive decision to NOT WATCH the Cowboys Giants. Now I wish I had. Although my blood pressure surely stayed lower by simply reading the result and saying "Hey, Cowboys won!!!"



All smiles after a win. Riiiight. T.O., shut up and play. For a dude who drops as many passes as he does, and quits on as many routes as he does, he should stay pretty frickin quiet in front of reporters. Is there any chance he's gone after the season?? Any?? Somebody email me, and tell me he's gone, please. Lie to me. I don't care. I need somebody to tell me he's gone....

Romo playing favorites with Witten. Here's a tip, whiners: Try getting open, and holding onto the ball when it's thrown your way. Yeah, it might help.

I hear people on national sports shows, bemoaning the fate of the Arizona Cardinals. Here's a tip: Shut Up! You're still having a nice season. You have won your division. Sure, it's weak, but you took care of bizness, and now you are division champs, you will host a playoff game. The Packers are in a weak division too, idiots, and we utterly failed to take care of bizness. In much the same vein as the Brewers, you are going to the playoffs, for the first time in a long time. Enjoy. Sure, your team is not perfect, but in the postseason, anything can happen. Enjoy. Packer Nation would give up a testicle to go to the playoffs right now... Cowboys fans are on their knees begging their God for a chance at the playoffs... Cheer up, 'Zona fan, you're in the playoffs.

Anyways, Congrats to VBS... Congrats to MONJON, who had 12 right. Points, people... the points.

Giants play Carolina for home field throughout next week.... I can only hope that the fraud that is the New York Giants will finally be exposed....

No comments: