Thursday, September 30, 2010

Picking While Intoxicated...

Heh heh. I wish that was my excuse. I was actually trying.

Honestly, I changed my Houston pick to Dallas Sunday Morning. I'm starting to feel some handicapping juice flowing here... I also had the Chiefs. I'm a little proud of that.

Seriously, how about Braylon Edwards, eh?? Twice the limit, 5 AM... Nice. The human dropped pass, now this... With teammates in the car no less. Check me on this, but aren't there like 10 million cabs in NYC???

Anyway, congrats to Badgergil, a nice win in week 3.

Hold on, I just got a stat update from the Packer game... another holding penalty was just called. Wow.

Erin07 keeps telling me he's not a Bears fan, but there he was with the Bears in that game.... I think we can safely say he has latent Bears tendencies...



Hey, do you think she's cheering for my picks??? Heh heh, no, probably not. She's cheering the Chiefs on to another big win. 3-0!!! What were the Vegas odds on a 3-0 start for the Chiefs?!?!?



This is the Haldron Super-Collider, buried underground on the French-Swiss Border. It's back up and running again, at half power, after a year of maintenance. 6 tons of liquid helium accidentally escaped from this thing. Whoops! Hey, if I attached 6 tons of helium to my picks, would they rise up the standings???

Sigh... This week doesn't look any easier. Sunday night, The Fraud That Is Eli Manning plays the Fraud That Is Da Bears... ugh. 1 point. Flip the "executive decision maker" here... okay, heads.

Speaking of Frauds, how about those Vikings!!! Heh heh.. It's got a very different feel this year. If they get to like, oh, say 2-7, does Favre pull an "Al Czervik" from Caddyshack and bow out???

(Liner note: for those not intimately familiar with this movie, firstly, shame on you. Go rent it, or whatever. Ahem, point being, Rodney Dangerfield, in the role of Al Czervik, is playing a big money match against Judge Smails (the immortal Ted Knight), and playing badly. An errant tee shot hits a ball washer, bounces back, and lightly hits Dangerfield in the arm. He stands there for a couple seconds, thinking nothing of it, and then in his inimitable style, his eyes go wide open, and he says "Ooooh! Oooh, my arm!!!" and starts to rub it, in an absurd pantomime of an actual injured person. He begs out of the match, and in the movie's pivotal development, Danny Noonan substitutes for Big Al Czervik, and they win the match.)

Does Favre pull the old "Oooh, my arm!!!" gambit when all hope is lost??? Sounds crazy, but there is some precedent... Ken Griffey Jr. retired midseason in baseball...

These games are not getting any easier. Seattle at St. Louis. Wow. Baltimore at Pittsburgh. New England at Miami.

Hey, did you see Julius Peppers terrorizing the Packer O-line?? Yeah, me too. Hey, guess what?? He was a free agent for quite a while!!! What say you, Defenders of the Tedly?? We coulda HAD THAT GUY!!! I'm just sayin'.... We coulda had that guy. Just sayin... Woulda been kinda fun to have that guy on OUR team.... Just sayin'...

Let's assess these Packers for a second: Had too many penalties last year, Coach Mike was gonna clean that up. Okay, still some work to do there... Special teams sucked last year. Yeah, still some work to do there... Why exactly are we punting to Devin Hester??? Have I mentioned that punters ought to punt about 40-45 yards, towards the frickin' sidelines?? Yeah, only about a zillion times. Especially if your punt coverage is kinda sucky, Coach Mike, you REEELY oughtta punt to the sidelines. And your coverage is sucky. Heh heh, oh my, yes, it is sucky.

And dare I bring it up again?? Jake, Dalton, Nick, Kevin, Nigel, Ian, Gabe... If you guys aren't out punting and place kicking, I don't know what to tell you anymore. Sebastian Janikowski gets paid millions to MISS KICKS!!!

New England is young, and they look shaky on Defense, but I have a funny feeling. Plus, just for laughs, imagine if they had Oakland's #1 pick in next year's draft... Heh heh, oh wait, they DO! Wow.

Anyway, have fun and good luck.

No comments: