Sunday, October 10, 2010

Firing Squad meets tomorrow morning...

Well, as I sit here in front of Eagles - 49ers, I'm scratching my head yet again. More crazy upsets. If San Francisco wins, Sharpcheddar has it, I believe.

If Philly wins, Kathb4 could win outright with a Vikings win, or end up in a tie with a Jets win.

I think. Well, Kevin Kolb looks slightly better than last week. Although, Philly has had their chances here, and they keep punting the ball back... Yeah, go ahead and let the 49ers hang around.

Whoops, just as I say that, McCoy for the Eagles just rumbled 29 yards for a score. 17-7, Eagles, late first half.

I'm kinda shocked by the 16 on the Eagles. I really... I'm trying to comment, and I have nothing. 16?? Really?? Of all the stone cold locks (on paper), you put 16 on the Eagles??? I thought I was a degenerate gambler. Wow. I'm gonna have to go a little deeper into the degenerate playbook...

Half the games today were straight up upsets. Not covers mind you, but upsets. Unreal.

Headline: "Packers say QB Aaron Rodgers got concussion" Huh. I like Rodgers, I have no problem... but I'm really really starting to think that he really doesn't have that "come from behind" genetics in him. Tight game, late, I have no feeling that he's gonna lead a scoring drive. None. Proceeds to throw a pick in overtime... Not good. It's not good. He's a first-half wonder. I see all these stats about how great he is in the red zone, and breakdowns... I'd love to see his stats, first half vs second half.

Kevin Kolb, sacked, fumble, 49ers recover. But can they do anything?? Seems unlikely. Okay wait, nice pass to Crabtree, 10 seconds to go, in field goal range... Alex Smith tries to throw a pick, not picked. Field goal team coming on. Joe Nedney, from 40. Bad miss to the right. Again people, if the young men in your life are not kicking, well,I've got nothing for you.

Headline: "4 Saints Turnovers Lead to Arizona Upset". Ugh. I dunno about you, but I'm starting to lose that loving feeling towards the Saints. Points will be adjusted in upcoming weeks. You go out to the desert, to face an undrafted rookie QB... As the feature goes on ESPN: C'mon, Man!!!!

Cowboys at 1-3. It's enough now. Jason Garrett, Wade Phillips, bring 'em out, give them a blindfold and a cigarette.... It's over. It is way past time to move on. At home, coming off a bye, 2 frickin' weeks to get ready. That's it. In my Cowboys notebook, I just wrote "season over", and closed the book. I'm putting the notebook in my bookcase, I'll get it back out when a new head coach is named.

Packers: Season Over. Let's fast forward in time here, to January, when Uncle Tedly will give an interview following the Packer's 6-10 season, and say "I'm not going to use injuries as an excuse, but they definitely were a factor in our disappointing season." Yeah, flash for ya Ted, so were the plethora of penalties, the myriad of problems on our offensive line, and the continuing and ongoing suckitude of our special teams. To say nothing of our pathetic running game. I've often said that Ryan Grant is not a feature back, he shouldn't be our starter, we shouldn't have paid him. I stand by that. We've needed a running back for at least 14 months. And, uh, another flash for ya Ted: signing a back who was cut from someone else's practice squad is not what I'd call a big move to rectify the problem, in the midst of a Super Bowl run...

That's not what I call being a General Manager. That's what I call "keeping the seat warm".

God God, I was distracted there, during some research. Little web commercial, Captain Morgan Presents Marissa Miller, First Mate. Gadzooks, the World's Number One, in a Captain Morgan Commercial. Heh, nice. Yahoo sports, if you care to see that... and I know you do. Okay, some of you do. Ahem, anyway...

Detroit 44, St. Louis 6. Hey, they're off the schneid!!! Really, we know they beat the Bears, the almost deserved to beat the Packers. They could have 3 wins right now.

Fast forward to 14:00 left in the 4th quarter, Alex Smith, a brutal fumble, returned for a TD for the Eagles. Kick back to the 49ers, Alex Smith clearly rattled, 49ers home fans heavily booing, heavily booing... Now chanting "We want Carr!!!". Ugh. Could it get any uglier?? Seriously, this home crowd is ready to storm the field and tear Mike Singletary into a million pieces..

I'm writing "game over" in my notebook and going to bed. Mike Singletary, go ahead and report with Wade Phillips and Jason Garrett. You're done.

----------

I'm back, and it's Monday Night. Kathb4 just became a huge Vikings fan... And Sharpcheddar is pulling hard for Rex Ryan and the Jets.

Eagles win. Yeah, Mike Singletary, go ahead and join those guys, deffinitely. Or put David Carr in. Do something, dude.

Well, huge game tonight. Huge.

Before I go, you might want to take a look at jennsterger.net... Fan site for Jenn Sterger, the Brett Favre texting girl. I viewed this for research purposes only, of course... And based on my research, Mr. Favre has bigger problems than Roger Goodell. Roger Goodell is not going to move out of his house and take half his money. Capisce?? Yeah. Exactly.

Also, you might go on youtube and do a search for "captain morgan marisa miller" and see what you come up with... As long as it's raining in New York, and there's no football.

Later!!!

No comments: