Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hello, StubHub??



"Hello, StubHub?? Yeah, this is Barry... Listen, I wanna return those Super Bowl Tickets... Yeah, I'm not going if The Bears aren't there. What's that? Customer Number? Hold on, lemme see here..."

Heh heh. Yes, well, the Bears will be at home. Lots of emotion around here. People I thought I knew, posting Packers hate on Facebook. People friending and un-friending people... what a mess. I told you it was going to be ugly.

This one dude, friend of mine, changes his avatar to a Bears Logo. I'm like, waaaa??? Just last summer, standing next to his epic barbeque grill, he tells me "I don't follow pro football, I don't have time, I just follow the Iowa Hawkeyes."

So I'm confused, obviously.... But then, of course, the obviousness hits me. Sorry about that. One could clearly be a Bears fan, and not be a fan of professional football, I get it now...

As long as the hate taps are open, enjoy this one:



Heh heh.

Anyways, this is it!! Super Bowl 45.



Yep. This is it. I'm trying to maintain control. Sometime Saturday, I'll probably start to lose my mind.

Of course, there's a blizzard raging outside. I was just thinking, in about 28 days, we'll have hope of surviving the winter. Ooops!!! Could be a long long long long 28 days. It always is. T.S. Elliot once said "April is the cruelest month..." He was wrong. February is the cruelest month.

Now, nothing would warm up February more than a Packers win.

I said I like their chances on a neutral field, and I still do.



What else can I say???



Go. Pack. Go.

And if we don't win, put the blame squarely where it belongs:


1 comment:

Fox Valley Aviator said...

What? You are already assigning blame in case of a loss? You're worse than the Bears fans...