Monday, September 12, 2011

Ignition.... We Have Liftoff!!!

Hey, whassaaahpp!!!

Well, we have football!

Leo Woods is back, you may have noticed.... He's leading at the moment, and has a shot to win, along with Erin07 and Sears, at least.

I was kind of shocked that Sears didn't take the Cowboys. Well known Dallas Fan. And when I went to bed, they had everything under control.... I'm honestly afraid to go on Youtube and see what happened for myself. All I can say is, ugh. Ugh!

Patriots and Miami are tied at 7. Actually quite a game here.

I was all set to dispense a full diatribe against the Bears, and ridicule Ardita (confirmed Bears Fan) and Erin07 (who denies being a Bears fan, but the evidence is hard to ignore), but the Bears went and won the game anyway. Lotta questions to be answered in Atlanta this week.

Patriots 14, Dolphins 7. Brady, a perfect strike for a TD. Brady is from?? The University of Michigan. Who had a huge win over Notre Dame Saturday, helping me in a college pool I got into. Because, I need more football to watch, obviously...

Cheerleaders of the week (A new feature):


You just became a Saints fan, didn't you. I see in the comments where I found this image that this person in the picture may not be an actual Saints Cheerleader... Do I hear anyone complaining? Didn't think so....


You just became a Titans Fan, didn't you. Yeah. All I can say is, wow.

Pitching Staff of Women Update: you might recall The Pitching Staff of Women. If not, review it here:

http://cadillacpats.blogspot.com/2010/01/ultimate-pitching-staff-of-women.html

We have some changes.

Ali Larter (8th inning/short relief): OUT.

IN: Natalie Portman



How was she not on the list to start with??? Crazy. I just saw "Your Highness." Very sophomoric, but very funny in some parts. And Ms. Portman was delightful.



Also had a nice run in the later Star Wars movies....





Alyson Hanigan (Long Relief) : OUT

IN: Teresa Palmer

Who?? If you don't know, shame on you.



Now you know why you need to rent (or stream or whatever ) "I Am Number Four". Sweet Jes - Hey! Hey hey... hey...heeey...heeey... Ahem, sorry.







She's from Adelaide Australia. And she's even got a shih Tzu! Come on now....



Anyway, there's your Pitching Staff Update.

Coming attraction: for the female readers of this blog (if there are any), "The Doc", The Doctor of the Point Spread, the Surgeon of the Straight Flush, will present her Pitching Staff of Men. Stay tuned for that.

Still 14 to 7 here. Patriots continue to move the ball at will, but it's still 14 to 7. Blatant pass interference on OchCinco there, not called. Now a holding call on a TD pass to Welker... So THAT'S how it's gonna be... huh. My week is over.

Patriots just missed the field goal. I still say they shoulda kept Vinatieri...

I saw an article somehwere today, they were wondering "What will the Colts do NOW?!?!?!" with breathless anticipation. Uhhh, they're gonna stink it up, and draft Andrew Luck. Next question.

Some of those games were impossible to pick. Okay, so you're never taking Eli Manning, and you're never taking Rex Grossman again. That's good thinking. Except they're playing EACH OTHER!!! Gaaah! Damnit... You're forced to hold your nose and take one of them....

Cam Newton looked pretty good, in a losing effort. Wait until he gets a dose of Clay Matthews this Sunday. Heh heh!

Before I go, the 10th Anniversary of the Terrorist Attacks on the Twin Towers was this weekend. Nearly 3000 people, murdered. Obviously, My thoughts and prayers, and the nation's thoughts and prayers are for these victims, and their families, and the courageous firefighters, police officers, and others who paid the ultimate price while trying to assist other people.

If you didn't see it, Discovery HD ran a great 6-part series on the rebuilding of Tower One, and the construction of the 9/11 memorial at ground zero. I urge you to find reruns of that on Discovery and check it out. It was superb.



Lest we forget.... As they say on the "Bare Naked Islam" website, "It's not paranoia if they REALLY ARE trying to kill you!"

No comments: