Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Pitching Staff of Men, for Women.

Hey!

As promised, this is the Pitching Staff of men, brought to you by The Doc. I will forward those angry emails right on for you....

#1 Starter: Johnny Depp



Yes, it's good to be Captain Jack Sparrow... He got over $60 million to do the latest movie. Not bad. That oughta keep his kids in fancy french english language schools...








#2 Starter: George Clooney



It's not bad to be George, either. Plowing through supermodels like a snowplow, and riding the Harleys in your collection... Not bad.





#3 Starter: Hugh Jackman



A former "Sexiest man alive" winner... Probably could be a #1 starting pitcher on a weaker staff...






Now look, I'm not gay (not that theres anything wrong with that), so I have no clue... But for my personal frame of reference, if I'm in a bar, and Hugh Jackman walks in?? Even putting aside the celebrity aspect for a second... Good looking dude, with a sexy australian accent, and cash bulging in his pockets. Yeah. I'm done here. Time to go.

Anyway, moving along...

#4 Starter: Clive Owen





I don't know that I have any big impression of Clive Owen. He was the guy who robbed the bank in that Denzel Washington movie, right??? Now I have to google it, hold on... Yes he was, it was called Inside Man. I do remember him from Shoot 'Em Up and the first Bourne Identity movie also. More on The Bourne Identity later... Ooops, spoiler alert.






#5 Starter: Bruce Willis



It's good to be Detective John McLain, too...



And who can forget Armageddon... Nice.







So much for the Starting Pitchers.

Bullpen, in no particular order:

Ewan MacGregor



All I know about this guy is he was the young Obi-Wan in the Star Wars Movies, and he was good...




Matt Damon



Oh yeah, this guy was the STAR of The Bourne Identity. How does he end up in the bullpen? I'm confused.




And he plays poker! Remember kids, never try to bluff people who have a ton of money... They WILL call you.



Jason Statham





I liked him in The Italian Job, and some of his other action roles... Speaking of The Italian Job...

Mark Wahlberg



Who can forget Marky Mark! Heh heh, those days are gone. Turned to acting. Good move. I like a lot of his movies...




Shooter is one of my favorite movies.... Very re-watchable. Bob Lee Swagger, brought to life on the silver screen (or the 60 inch LCD) from the excellent novel "Point of Impact". I just got my Blu-Ray of this movie, actually.



Clay Matthews, Jr.



I'm pretty sure we're all familiar with Mr. Matthews' work on sundays in the NFL....




Apparently, he knew where the weight room was at USC.... Yeah.

Viggo Mortensen



Of course we all remember him from The Lord of the Rings, but he's done a ton of movies, many of them good....





You learn a lot researching these things... Apparently, that Paint Horse he rode in the movie "Hidalgo" was one of his own horses, from champion bloodlines. Who knew?? And for my money, he should play John Marston in the Movie Version of "Red Dead Redemption", but that's just one man's opinion....

Now, as I pointed out, this isn't my list. To continue my "bar" analogy, the guys I do NOT want to see walk in, besides some of the guys on this list: I don't wanna see Matthew McConaughey walk in. If you didn't see The Lincoln Lawyer, check that out. I don't want to see Pierce Brosnan strolling in. I don't want to see either Detective James "Sonny" Crockett walk in, Don Johnson or Colin Farrell. I definitely don't want to see Leonardo Di Caprio walking in.... Or Jon Bon Jovi, for that matter. I've seen Bon Jovi three times, and the girls, even the adult girls, start screaming as soon as he takes the stage... And, I really don't want to see Brad Pitt or Russell Crowe walk in, either. Daniel Craig. But that's just me. As I freely admit, I have no clue what women really want....

Anyway, There's your pitching staff! Enjoy!

No comments: