Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 6 and 7....

Yeah, I continue to fall behind.... So busy. Covered 2900 miles in the last 4 days. Not too shabby, for a white boy from the suburbs.... Heh heh!!

Anyhoo, week 6: Bulldogs Rule! Hey, congrats fellas. I had a laugh, the Packer game wrapped up quickly, and they were one of like 3 people who didn't have the Packers for 16... So I laughed, they were behind the 8 ball early... and then surged to a win. The pool was over by 6 PM sunday afternoon. We were all mathmatically out. I guess they had the last laugh....

Ahem, anyway, Week 7 was Ardita, scoring big with the Bears shocking upset over the Tampa Bay Bucs, in London. Nice job man. 13 points, on Lovie Smith and Jay Cutler. Some things, I just can't do.

The Christian Ponder era started with a bang in Minneapolis. Big TD pass for his first throw. Not too bad. I was watching that game in Florida, and the Packer fans present were nervous, I'm not gonna lie. The Metrodome has been a house of horrors over the years anyway.

The Carson Palmer Era started in Oakland... with a Pick-6. Ooops, not what they were looking for. Hey, if Al Davis was still alive, this never would have happened.... Oh wait, that joke doesn't work any more, Al Davis actually passed away. Sorry Al.

Do you think Al is up in heaven, complaining about the Franco Harris Immaculate Reception play??? He maintained all his life that that football Harris snagged had touched the ground, and it was no catch... The NFL Films footage is unclear on whether it may or may not have touched... Do you think he's complaining to Saint Peter about the tuck rule call that sent Tom Brady and The Patriots to the Super Bowl??? Al never stopped complaining about that either. Actually, neither did Jon Gruden, until he got a job in television...

The Tim Tebow Era got started in Denver. With a crazy come from behind miracle win. Wow. I don't know what to think of Tebow. He takes a lotta heat from the press. I loved him with the Florida Gators. Electrifying college player. But really, he's not the only QB in the league with accuracy issues. Cough, Mark Sanchez, cough. Ahem, sorry, clearing my throat. He's not the only QB who doesn't make great defensive reads all the time. Eli Manning, Tavaris Jackson, Kevin Kolb, Mike Vick, Phillip Rivers.... There's plenty of Bad Quarterbacking to go around. We live in a world where Matt Moore has started for the Dolphins, and played brutally bad football. Curtis Painter is starting in Indy. Sexy Rex Grossman (Chicago fans just had Vietnam flashbacks upon seeing Rex Grossman's name in print) is too sexy for his starting job in Washington, after throwing 176 picks, and has been replaced by John Beck, also brutal. (John Beck?? Who? I know, I never heard of him either). Kyle Boller for the Raiders, who was so impressive after the injury to Jason Campbell that they went out and wildly overpaid for Carson Palmer. So, what, Tim Tebow can't be a Quarterback in this league??? But the rest of these bums get a pass??? Yeah, I think I'm fine with Tebow. Give him a shot. He literally can't be worse than half a dozen other QB's in this league... Tim needs to hire Eli Mannings PR people. They've actually convinced some people that Eli Manning is a good QB. Talk about earning your money, whew.

Yep, another gratuitous shot at Eli. I can't help myself!! Actually, his QB rating this year is a breathtaking 101. Well above his career rating of 80.1. 11 TD's against 5 picks and 4 fumbles. You know what that means.... He is DUE. he is overdue for a stinker game. This week, Miami at the New York Giants. Hmm. Maybe not this week. Maimi is better on the road, though.... Not so much booing from the home field crowd...

Anyway, I previewed the pitching staff of men, for our female readers. Yes, we actually have some!!! And, they have some opinions. I shoulda figured. Anyone who ever had a girlfriend or a wife should have known that yes, women have opinions. And yes, they will share those opinions. Heh heh! If I keep cracking wise, a week without hot meals and other things awaits me.

So, I'll just leave it right there! Good enough.

Congrats to our winners. Good luck this week. The pitching staff of men is coming!!!

1 comment:

Fireplug said...

Just putting the finishing touches on an awesome line-up. I know you can't wait for the results.