Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm taking an awful risk, Vader....

Hey, welcome to another Tuesday Afternoon analysis!!

First things first:

Week One: Smitty201! Hey, congrats on your week One win. After being shut out for 17 weeks last year, you broke through right away in week One. Nice job. Actually quite a dominating win, nobody was closer than 13 points.

Week Two: HighZ!!! Some of you may remember HighZ from years past... he took a year off. And who can blame him?? It's not easy winning all the money. Gets tiring. Beat me by one point. One. One stupid point.

And oddly enough, he didn't write the amount on his check. Oops. Well, that check is no good, so you're booted, and I will take possession of the Week Two prize money. No hard feelings, right pal???

(Okay, I'm kidding... tempting though...)

Cheerleader Update:


Ahh, the Carolina Panthers. They had something to Cheer about!!! They beat the Saints! Thus sending the Saints to 0-2. If gambling were legal, I might have the Saints under 9-1/2 wins for the season... Two losses already. I need 5 more losses to put that one in the jar... Hmm, 5 more losses over the next 14 games... I like my chances.

HighZ is venting a lot of hate on Facebook about the "replacement" officials. And so are a lotta people, not to single him out, even though he beat me by one point...

Are they worse?? Sure, yeah. But, then again, I've spent half my life screaming at my TV set after blown calls, non-calls, wrong calls, stupid calls, and all manner of officiating ineptitude... Are they THAT much worse than the "real" officials?? Really?? I'm not so sure.... It's not like we had perfect cyber officials before...

After the absurd jobbing the Arizona Cardinals took in that Super Bowl against the Steelers, did the officials apologize?? Were they disciplined?? Were there any repurcussions whatsoever?? Ahhh, no. Those refs either a)stunk or b)were doing what the league ordered them to do. I'm not even sure which possibility is more disturbing...

How about the Seahawks, when is their apology coming from the officials who totally screwed them in their Super Bowl against the Steelers?? Where do they go to receive that apology???

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, officiating was far from perfect under the "real" officials... And when the "real" officials come back, they'll be blowing calls too, just like they always did.

To me, the real story is how fast the players adjust to what's being called and what isn't. That's been fun to watch...

Will the real Cowboys please stand up?? Tampa Bay will travel to Dallas Sunday at Noon... Yikes. Green Bay traveling to Seattle for Monday Night Football. Houston at Denver. I see both Manning brothers remembered how to throw a pick... Hey, Peyton? Don't throw the ball late and high over the middle... Quarterbacking 101. You're welcome.

Atlanta at San Diego. New England at Baltimore. Another brutal week, coming up.

Get your picks in, and enjoy!!!


1 comment:

Fox Valley Aviator said...

I'm not going to apologize for winning by 1 point just as you wouldn't if the roles were reversed. A win is a win and I would have won by more if I hadn't changed my Baltimore pick at the last minute - they should have won by the way if it weren't for the TERRIBLE refs.

Oh, yeah, they were bad. How bad? Well, we have the one that got booted for being in Saint's garb just before the Saints game. WHAAAT? The ref that didn't know which way he was supposed to talk, which was he was supposed to point. Marking off 10 yards instead of 5 on a defensive hold. Actually 11 yards which makes it even worse.

Yeah, the 'real' refs blow calls, but the ones being blown are ridiculous and it shows how amateurish these replacements are - no fault of their own, but they don't know their ass from a whole in the ground. There I said it.

Next time, I'll make the win more decisive - geesh