Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Week One, in the books.

Well, Congrats have to go to Elusive... a big win in Week One.

With an autopick, no less... I may just turn that on and let it go....

TGAR (The Great Aaron Rodgers) era began last night with a win. And a fairly tidy performance, too... No picks, made some plays with his arm and his legs... not bad.

I was kinda shocked by the Vikings. Where exactly does all this pre-season hype come from?? That is not a good football team... They're not good. Brad Childress needs to hire a "reality Coordinator" for the sidelines.... his 4th quarter time management indicated to me that Mr. Childress is on a different planet. Brad, you need two scores... what the hell are you doing?!?!? Fine, whatever, we'll take a win, handed to us by a hated division opponent... I'll bring this up one more time, with all the disbelief I can muster: These are the Vikings that went to the Meadowlands late last season and PASTED the New York Giants... (Shaking my head, muttering to myself...)

What's with Zigi Wolff, the Owner of the Vikings?? Did you see that shot of him, sitting by himself in that box???? He doesn't have an entourage, or a posse, or some bootlickers, or anything to hang and watch the game with??? That was nearly as disturbing as that shot of Vinny Cerrato during that Redskins game. Is it just me, or are the millionairres getting stranger and stranger????

I see the "Improved" Raiders looked real good.... NOT!!! Wow. Al, it's time to retire, dude. Really. No, really dude, it is so over.... Call your office, bring in the lawyers, and sign control over to someone.... it is OVER.

(I'm picturing Al Davis, channelling the Late John Belushi in "Animal House", where he screams "Nothing is over until WE SAY IT IS!!!!" sorry...)

Alrighty then, next week people, we have MORE football action! Yes, there is MORE! Maybe it's time for ME to retire.... My picks are showing a distinct lack of the Committment To Excellence, and I'm definitely not living the "Just Win Baby" philosophy either.... I better check the mirror, make sure I'm not wearing some funny glasses, and a white windbreaker, and muttering about how the opposing quarterback must go down, and he must go down hard....

(and if you don't "get" that blatant Raiders / Al Davis reference, I pity you. I really do.)

Until next time....

No comments: