Thursday, October 2, 2008

Week 4 wrapup...

Okay, so the Steelers pulled out a nail-biter, to give VBS the big win... Congrats.

As usual, some tough games coming up this week... I can't even think about it right now....

Brewers lost.... I was going to gloat on people, that the ONE GOOD THING about working nights is that I was firmly ensconsed in front of my big screen, lovin the TBS-HD feed coming thru my AT&T U-Verse.... I was lovin it until the game started... ouch. NO hit thru 5?? Hmmm..

But look, if we win today, WE have home field advantage the rest of the way, it's a 3-game series, 2 in Miller Park. How about THEM apples!

For Laughs, let's take a quick peek at some of the LEAST SURPRISING STORIES I've seen lately... Least surprising, here we go:

#1, Ricky Williams says he "misses pot"...



Sure, riiight... almost cost you everything, your career, your millions... yeah, I can see that. I drank too much Yukon Jack once, I can't even LOOK at the bottle, to this day.... But then, why am I not surprised???

#2, Tony Mandarich Used Steroids at Michigan State?!?!



Who didn't know THAT?!?!? Wow, there's a story... This is still a very painful topic for all of Packer Nation.... All you have to do is say "Tony Mandarich" to a Packer fan, and you can watch their face turn red, and their eyes bug out, and their jaw clench... Reviewing that draft, A dude Named Troy Aikman was taken Number One... He was okay, I guess, if you like Hall of Famers, and 3 time Super Bowl Champions... (/understatement mode off)

Then there was Tony Mandarich, the Greatest Offiensive Line Prospect of All Time... Hmm. Making it DOUBLY painful is this little factoid: The Chicago Bears, our slime-covered competitors to the south, offered us 2 #1's and 2 #2's for this pick. We coulda STUCK IT TO THE BEARS big time, but Noooooo, we had to have this guy.... (groans, reaches for painkillers...)

Third pick in that draft was Barry Sanders... Need I say more?? I don't think so... Let's move on, it's too painful.

#3. Olympic Officials Clear Chinese Gymnasts



Yeah, why am I not surprised. According to the Washington Post, the IOC has "reviewed the documents" and they are "satisfied", and consider the matter "closed." Wow. Yeah, there's nothing more legitimate than fake passports produced by a brutal oppressive dictatorship and ponied out to IOC idiots... All I can say is Wow. There's the "Olympic Spirit" right there... I'm proud to say I watched zero minutes and zero seconds of the Olympics.

So anyway, could you even rank those in order, from most surprised to least surprised. I can't. Hey, this just in, Clay Aiken is Gay!! Whaaa?? Who didn't know that???

Anyway, good luck this week. My heat just went on in the house... Summer is officially OVER. Not a good development... (reaches for the Jack Daniels...)

No comments: