Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week 8, in the books.

Well, The Titans took control of the AFC South last night with a huge win... Congrats to Smitty201 for winning week 8.

I am told by my sources that Smitty201 and Air Myles are husband and wife!!

Yikes! Someone has to go to a Sports Bar to watch last night's game, I think... That gets a little tense, with two people pulling hard for opposite teams...

Also, Congrats have to go out to VBS, who won week 7... I fell a little behind last week, with all the vacationing... That's 2 wins for VBS, and 2 for Badgergil... With one win, we have Elusive, Sharpcheddar, Patrick686 (me, if you didn't surmise that), and Smitty201.


Some huge games next week... Green Bay at Tennessee?? Wow. How about Dallas at the Giants?? Not big enough?? How about New England at Indianapolis?? How about Pittsburgh at Washington???

Okay, tell you what: I'll take Tampa Bay for 120, and give me 1 point on the rest.... Heh heh, honestly, I'd be willing to do that. I guess that's not how it works....

Good luck next week people. I don't wanna be a buzz kill or anything, but the season is half over already... I know, I know. Half over. It's just getting rolling.... (Opens another beer, lights another Marlboro, and paces his condo, muttering to himself...)

This World Series is a joke. Terrible weather, absurd game times, late starts... Fellas, how about at least a weekend day game??? No, they're afraid to compete with football. It's ridiculous. Trying to play baseball in 30 degrees and rain?? That's not baseball, that's a contest of survival, nothing more....

Seriously, when you were younger, and you were really fired up to play more golf, did you ever go out like in late fall, trying to stretch the season a little?? Yeah. You were so numb you couldn't feel your hands... the ball was a frozen rock that wouldn't fly... and when you got to the clubhouse, you pounded beers with your buddies and said "Hey, we DID IT!!!" Nobody said "wow, I played great", because it SUCKED. That's right, it sucked. It wasn't even golf. It was like climbing Mount Everest. Doing it was the goal in itself. The game & score were meaningless. Then when you got home, you took a screaming hot shower, and as the numbness went away, the PAIN started... Ugh. And back then, I didn't have the prescriptions laying around that I do now... I just had to sit there and suffer...

Yeah, well, that's what this World Series has degenerated into. We're trying to crown a World Champion here, and we're making a mockery of the entire sport.... It's wrong, on many levels...

Now I'm gonna put on my consultant's hat again: Baseball drops down to 130 games a season. We go into 4 rounds of playoffs, all 7 game series. STILL wraps it up in early September, before football really gets rolling.... Weather is still good, games could be played no problem... Better TV, better fan interest, better everything.

There. You owe me ten million dollars.

Steve Czaban had this idea, which also has great merit. Neutral site World Series. At a monster ballpark outside Las Vegas. Hell, they already hold the little league and college World Series at a neutral site every year!! Like people need an excuse to go to Vegas anyway, but there ya go!! Philly fan, take a week off and fly to the desert. Weather, perfect, accomodations, plentiful... That's another no-brainer idea. Think I'm crazy??? Join the club. But seriously, The Mac-Daddy of them all, The Super Bowl, is played in a neutral site, to ensure good weather and a legitimate title game. College Bowls are played in neutral good weather sites.

See how easy this is??? It's really time for me to get a huge glass corner office somewhere and start making the millions I so richly deserve. Clearly, the Donkeys in charge are too stupid to figure this out, so, I'm right here. I'm gonna hit the "Publish" button, and my phone is going to ring....

I won't forget you after I hit the big time. You have my word.

No comments: