Monday, November 17, 2008

Week Eleven

Anticipating your question, here is the answer regarding TIES, from the director of the Website:

Hi Patrick. For ties you get 1/2 the points rounded down the nearest whole number. So for you, you had 11 points on the game so you get 5 points. If you had 10, you would also get 5 points.

Should clear that up. I was adding up some totals, and was befuddled, because none of them were correct...

Anyways, it looks like perennial power Sears will win if Cleveland can pull out a win in Orchard Park... And if Buffalo should take care of bidness at home, Elusive will win.... Good luck tonight, fellas.

I thought I was a degenerate gambler for taking NE for 14 Thursday.... I saw that game. My AT&T U-verse gives me NFL Network in HD... heh heh, not a bad deal. So clearly, my week was over before it started... Jets looked awfully good. The game was really never that close. Jets were pretty much in control all night. And it's not that the Patriots played bad... Although Cassel is really good on short routes between the 20's... he's kinda worthless in the red zone. The play to Moss was a true miracle...

Talk about gamblers though, Sharpcheddar had the Pack for 16. Whew. A team that couldn't run or stop the run for the last two weeks, going against a Bears squad that has owned us the last couple of years... That's gambling. I'm not worthy.



How about that Pack!!! Insane. A tale of two teams, to be sure.... Miracle of miracles, we never really needed a big punt, thank god for that....



This is a Packer Tight End doing the Lambeau Leap after a touchdown reception... So apparently, Mike McCarthy DID know that it was legal to throw a pass to a tight end.... I wonder why he is so utterly and completely opposed to the practice of that??? I dunno...

How about those Cowboys! Are you kidding me?? I shoulda took Dallas for 14... If only I knew what ONE GUY could do for a football team....



I'll tell you what, that is a completely different team with Romo in there... What a difference a week makes. The whole team came to life. They looked like they all jumped in that pool from the movie "Cocoon"... Amazing.



That's your guy, right there... Saved their season in Landover Maryland last night...



The Cowboys Offensive line hasn't blocked anyone in their last two games.... suddenly last night, there are holes, Barber is running wild... unbelievable.

On the Road to 0-16, the Lions lost again, although the ticker was scaring me a little... They have Tampa next week, and the Titans on Thanksgiving Day... So they seem assured of reaching 0-12, at least...

Arizona got ANOTHER road win... okay, it was at the hapless Seattle Seahawks, but still... Warner, another big 300+ passing day... Warner for MVP!!!



Alright, better late than never... it's taken me all frickin' day to put this together... Obviously, the Pack and Da Boys winning totally soothed my pain at the Patriots loss... no references to how many pills I needed to take today. I'll try to do better tomorrow, I promise...

I suppose realizing that even if the Patriots win, like they shoulda, I still don't win the week, also helped.... Sears only had one wrong.... amazing performance.

Later!!

No comments: