Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 16: Running out of Spare Magazines...

Hey, good morning!!!

Well, another football filled weekend is wrapping up.

Obviously, last week Badgergil stomped a mud-hole in our faces... Ouch. Nice job man. I had nearly the exact same picks, yet I end up with 88, he has 111. His points (clearly) were different, though....

For this weeks action, more to the point, Erin07 is clinging to a 1 point lead. And thus, he has become a big Bears fan for tonight. Almost as big as Ardita.

Actually, this might not be a stretch. Erin07 may have some Bears sympathies. I've urged him to seek medical help, but...

Now, in case of a (very) likely Vikings win, Patrick686 (thats me!), Air Myles, and Smitty201 will tie, I believe... So, note to Brett Favre: Hey man! If the Bears get 3 field goals, try to score like 33 points, for my tiebreaker. I've had your back through this whole Packer thing, okay buddy, so do this for me... Thanks. Best Regards, Patrick in Pewaukee.

Packers blew out the Seahawks... Early in that game, I had a real bad feeling. Apparently, it was too many nachos, or something. Seahawks were moving the ball, until Matt Hasselbeck threw that absurd pick to AJ Hawk... Lotta Hawk Haters in my inner circle. I have no problem with the guy. Maybe if he did some kind of sammurai sword thing every time he makes a frickin' tackle, people would love him. I dunno.

Ahhh, note to Mike McCarthy and Ted Thompson: Jeremy Kapinos, our punter, sucks. He sucks. He sucks!!! Yeah, that was a blowout, true dat, but his punts... several didn't gross 35 yards. 2 didn't gross 30 yards. Kicking either way, so, don't tell me about the wind. And then with the runbacks of these 30 yard low line-drive bullets, the runbacks are ridiculous. We netted less than ten yards on a couple of punts. Ten yards. Ten. So look fellas, we may as well go on fourth down, if we're only gonna net ten yards.

Speaking of going on fourth, how did you like Jim Zorn last night?? 5 minutes and change remaining, down 17 to nuthin... And you could clearly see him on the headset saying "I wanna Punt!!" to someone. Huh?? Whaaa? Coach, you need 3 scores... Coach, put the Crystal Head Vodka down for a second, listen, you need three scores, there's no time!

This Cowboys team is starting to remind me of the 07 Giants who won the Super Bowl.

Waitaminute, how about the Giants getting dismantled yesterday.... Awesome! Tom Coughlin looked like he had a dog turd in his mouth... Oh wait, he always looks like that, never mind... and both Eli and Peyton Manning were pacing the sidelines with disgusted looks on their faces... Awesome....

Anyways, back to the Cowboys, who had another big win. Okay, it was over the reeling Redskins, but still... It pains me to compare anything to the Giants, but here we go:

1. In 07, The Giants were limping into the playoffs, leaking oil, hitting on 5 out of 8 cylinders. Cowboys? As of 2 weeks ago, check.

2. In 07, the Giants started playing tough near the end of the season, when it appeared pointless. Cowboys? Check.

3. In 07, (unlike now), lots of people were calling Eli Manning a fraud, a pretender, a bust, a waste... Tony Romo taking a lotta heat this December?? BIG checkmark... despite playing well, all anyone ever asks him is about his record in December. (And when I say "unlike now", I mean I am still calling Eli The Fraud That Is Eli Manning. Others seem to have gotten on board with the little goofball.)

4. In 07, Tom Coughlin and his face were merely playing out the string, waiting to be fired. Wade Phillips? Big Checkmark. 3 weeks ago, they'd already penciled in the date of the press conference where Jerry would fire Big Wade... Hell, I myself, in this blog, have probably made sarcastic comments about Wade Phillips imminent departure.

So, I dunno. It feels eerily similar. There's two "Teams of Destiny" out there (Indy and the Saints) waiting to claim their "inevitable" Super Bowl, just as the Patriots were going to claim their "inevitable" trophy, and cap their perfect season. The Cowboys have talent. They could surprise some people. I love how Romo is playing right now.

And thanks a bunch Roy Williams, for letting ANOTHER pass ricochet off of your hands of stone, and get picked off. True, I've had a lot of fun with Braylon Edwards, The Human Dropped Pass. Braylon has single-handedly kept Terrell Owens from leading the league in dropped passes for two years. T.O. probably sends Braylon Christmas Gifts. So maybe I've been a little hard on the guy. He's just a kid from the mean streets of Detroit, who played college ball at Michigan, and then, sadly, was drafted by the Cleveland Browns. He finally got traded to the Jets midseason. Anyway, my point is, for some strange perverted reason, Roy Williams has apparently decided that he WANTS THE TITLE. He wants to be The Human Dropped Pass.

Who wants that??? Roy, call your office, get some stick-'em, whatever... ugh. Sadly, there are some paralells here. Braylon Edwards was drafted #3 overall. Roy Williams, #7 overall. I was gonna go on a receiver diatribe, I don't even feel like it. Note to Roy Williams: start f*ck*ing catching the G*d D*mned football. Best Regards, Patrick.

Taking a few deep breaths, to calm down.... and, that's better...

Anyways, Kyle Orton tried to lead a furious comeback over the Eagles, and it looked good for awhile.... Bear Fans watching that game probably had to be placed in restraints, to keep from gouging their own eyes out with the nearest pen, pencil, whatever.... I look at Kyle Orton, in a Denver uni, and I just can't hardly believe, that right there is the dude who could not beat sexy Rexy Grossman out of a job.... Unreal. And after tonight's embarrassing loss to the Vikings, that Lovie Smith contract extension is going to start to feel a lot like that Charlie Weis contract extension....

Whoops, sorry, put the Bear Fans back in their restraints.... sorry, my bad...

Anyway, enjoy tonights game. After that, it's ONE MORE WEEK. One.

Well, okay, then there's playoffs, sure, but... Soak it in, people. Soak. It. In.

Wow, how about these college bowls. Ugh, could we have a few more upsets?? I'm already dead in the water in my college pools. The Florida Boys know what I'm talking about.... whew. It's been several days since a Tiger Woods mistress has come forward. I miss it already....

Later!

No comments: