Monday, December 7, 2009

Week 13: Keeping my powder dry in heavy rain...

Greetings!

Well, First off, Congrats to Erin07 for his win last week.... New Orleans blasted the Vaunted New England Patriots. I didn't see that coming, actually. Are the Patriots still "vaunted" anymore??? Or are they now just the Patriots. Hmmm. With a loss yesterday at Miami, they're being humbled a little more each week. So, nice win for Erin07, his second of the year.

I gotta hand it to Sharpcheddar as well. 10 on Arizona. Wow. I had the Arizona Cardinals, but I didn't have the stones to put 10 on it. I like that strategy though. Kathb4 and Leo Woods had Minnesota heavy, too. Which seems crazy, but if the pick comes in, that will launch you up the standings...

Looks like Sharpcheddar has it in the bag already. Congrats, man!

I really wanted to watch that game, but I am ashamed to say I fell asleep. Sad, really. So I didn't see My Cardinals take apart the vaunted Vikings...

I can only imagine how happy the "Favre Hating Nation" is this morning.... Upon further reflection, I can see where my Father might cheer for the Arizona Cardinals to beat Brett Favre. I get that. But the Chicago Bears?? Really?? It's gonna take a few years of therapy for me to get over that one.... Seriously, there's t-shirts you could buy for years up here, they say "My two favorite teams are the Packers and whoever plays the Bears." Pulling for the Bears.

Whats really going on there is, my Dad has been kidnapped by space aliens. So, call the spaceship fellas, and bring my Dad back.... You're not fooling anyone. Actually, that also explains why I'm getting insect bites at his house, and he's not... The Florida sand fleas hate the taste of the alien blood. His computer network is really screwy too.... It's all starting to make sense now... Hmmmm...

Another mystery solved. Well, for Favre Hating Nation, here's a few photos for you:

These Vikings fans flew a long ways to hold up this sign... And be dead wrong!



This guy threw 2 picks. First multi-interception game of the year for him.



Larry Fitzgerald, a beast, being congratulated by Mr Favre.



Larry had a nice game....



Warner had a nice game too, back from his concussion...



There is a game of some significance tonight. If the Packers aren't total pretenders, they need to win. Sadly, the Ravens are desperately clinging to a playoff spot, so they need a win bad. I have a bad feeling for Aaron Rodgers. If he is killed tonight, can we bring our offensive line (except Mark Tauscher) up on manslaughter charges?? Reckless disregard, something like that?? I'm not sure, maybe I should consult a lawyer.

Also, there's a kicking job open in Dallas this morning. Ugh!! Dallas may have lost, but I blame the D, I blame the special teams. I do not blame Tony Romo.

Again, if your son, nephew, cousin, whatever, is not kicking, you are an idiot.

Review these links carefully, supposedly the finest kicking camps in the country:

feelykicking.com
prokicker.com
pelfreykicking.com

Seriously... Jake. Dalton. Nick. Kevin. Mark. Tom. You guys know who you are. Start kicking!!! I wanna see you guys hitting the game winner, like Hunter Lawrence of The Texas Longhorns, drilling that 46 yarder to win the game. There's a post on the Longhorns website this morning, "Hunter Lawrence for Governor!!"

And let me tell you something fellas: if you think you can't pick the girl of your choice after you hit that game winner.... think again!!!

Colt McCoy and Tim Tebow torpedoed their Heisman Hopes Saturday... ugh.

People (or, national sports radio pundits) seemed positively giddy with Tim Tebow's loss. Why is there so much hate for Tebow??? Is it so wrong to have a Christian belief, here in a Christian country?? Really?? Would you like him better if he was a slimy Muslim??

Would you like him better if his hot Swedish girlfriend busted out all the windows of his Escalade with a 3-iron?? And then like 6 of his other girlfriends came forward??

Ahhh, that's been done to death already... Enjoy tonights game!!

No comments: