Monday, November 30, 2009

Week 12: spinning the focus dial on my spotting scope, hoping the picture clears...

Hey, good morning!! Live, from south west Florida, it's Monday Morning!!!

Well, it looks like VBS, although he is leading, cannot win. If New Orleans wins, Erin07 is going to win the week. If the Patriots win, Sears is going to win. I think.

I seem to have "cleaned up" my ugly picks... If I hadn't gone with the Giants, wow, I could have covered myself with glory... Every time I pick the Giants, I end up wondering "What was I thinking???? Gaaah!"

I'm pretty sure I've entered a surreal, parrallel universe here... I'm not kidding. I'm gonna have to have my dosage adjusted.... the things I'm seeing down here, they just can't be real. This can't be happening. My next post, I fully expect I'll be typing with my toes, in a padded cell, wearing a straight jacket.

I hope you're sitting down, but in this house, yesterday afternoon, my Pop, my Dad, my Father, was pulling for the Chicago Bears.

They were playing against the Minnesota Vikings, featuring Brett L. Favre at Quarterback.

I clearly underestimated the amount of hate that is out there, for the guy who piloted us to Super Bowl Glory....

Let me flesh this out for you: My Dad is a Green Bay Packers Shareholder. He has lived and died with this team since before I was frickin' born, okay...

If you had my Dad duct taped to a chair, and a sweaty middle-eastern freak was holding a .45 automatic against the side of his head, and you told him "Cheer for the Chicago Bears. Cheer for them, you infidel!!", He would have said "F.U., pull the trigger, you assbag!!"

Honestly, I would have bet my life he would have refused to cheer for the Bears. And I would have lost. Clearly, he'll cheer for anyone who is playing the Vikings, and the "Judas" that is Brett Favre. Even the hated, hated Bears team to the south of us.

I don't know how you could top that. Whats next?!?! I shudder to think. I recoil in horror. I suppose this morning he'll wander out into the kitchen and announce that the Chosen One and Nancy Pelosi know what's best for the country, and we oughtta support them in their efforts...

Aside from losing my mind, and seeing things that clearly can't be happening, things are going fine, yeah.... I'm just gonna sit here in denial, and hope it gets better. Probably the best policy.

Saw more bad kicking yesterday. 30 yard punts. Missed field goals. Kickoffs that barely get to the 15 yard line... Then I saw a guy make a 52 yard field goal. Good kicking is clearly the exception, not the rule.

So again, if you have a son, nephew, cousin, whatever.... If they're not kicking 50 footballs a day, I shake my head in despair. Free college. 20 year career in the NFL. Yeah, you're right, who needs that crap.... I suppose the youth of today would rather send a text message than kick a football...

Well, good luck to Sears and Erin07 tonight. Should be a great game, in all seriousness. A big Patriots win wouldn't surprise me in the least, to be honest. I think week to week, the AFC is tougher. The elite AFC teams are just a tad more battle hardened... Just a feeling I have, I could be dead wrong.

Watching that Steelers Ravens game, wow. Those are tough teams. Cincy really beat both of those teams twice??? Really??? Shouldn't we be penciling them in for a Super Bowl appearance right now??? Can we really say it's a fluke, beating them both twice?? 4 football games, they got flukey lucky?? I just don't know.

What am I saying.... The Steelers and Ravens are both comfortably ensconsed on the east coast... No midwest team is going to get any respect from east coast sportswriters....

Don't look now, but Vince Young won another game. Himself. On a 99 yard drive, under two minutes. He threw for 94 of the 99 yards. He converted 3 4th downs. Unreal. What a crazy deal. The owner had to basically force him back into the starting lineup, and now he's playing out of his mind. What next???

And once again, go on the website. Hover your mouse over "pools". Click "My pool settings". Go down to "autopick options"....

No comments: