Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 10: Eyeing these games through a Leupold Scope...

Well, first off, congrats go out to Air Myles.. Nice win.

Secondly, yesterday was Veterans Day. My deepest thanks to all our veterans. I can never adequately express my gratitude to those who have protected our freedoms. We have at least one veteran in the pool, so, thanks very much. Despite what you might see or hear from some politicians, or the media, most of us are deeply proud to be Americans, deeply grateful for the freedoms we treasure, deeply appreciative of the sacrifices you have made for all of us, and very proud of the job you have done over the years...

Moving right along... As a U-Verse customer, I am watching the NFL Newtwork in HD right now. Time Warner customers are not seeing this right now. A few quick observations, to clue you in:

1. Their pre-game is not good. Deion, I loved you as a player, but as a studio talking head, you'd make a great fork-lift driver in a warehouse somewhere...

2. Their announcing crew, Bob Papa and Matt Millen... Weak. Every time Matt Millen speaks, I just think "Why am I listening to analysis by the dude who authored an 0-16 season??"

Thus, let's just say it's absurd that they're trying to strongarm Time Warner for more money. They oughta GIVE this crap away, and hope like hell someone watches... Chicago at San Francisco.... hmmm... Not exactly Minnesota at the Saints, eh?? Yeah. Exactly. Plus, I swear they've given themselves permission to run extra commercials... Nothing but commercials. Give this away, dudes. It's utterly absurd that this isn't on every cable system in the free world.

More observations: Jay Cutler just threw an ugly pick at the goal line. Ardita just poured gasoline all over himself and lit a Marlboro Light....

Frank Gore looks pretty good.

Alex Smith, other high draft pick opposite Aaron Rodgers, also seems to like to hold the ball... but otherwise, he looks good.

Michael Crabtree looks REAL good.

Vernon Davis is pretty good too.

Hard to believe we're still scoreless....deep in the second quarter, 49ers look like they're in total control... They did miss a field goal, but they're moving the ball... Whoops, Alex Smith just threw an ugly pick, trying to hit the deep pass to Crabtree. Dueling interceptions.

False start, Bears. Holding, Bears. I guess that's why we're scoreless.

Wow, 3rd and forever, Bears run a screen? A screen? And it gains 40 frickin' yards? Wow.

Uh ohhh, Cutler Throws, whoops, 49ers interception, run all the way back to the 15!!! Is someone going to score???

Frank Gore explodes through the middle, untouched into the endzone, TD Niners. At the 2 minute warning, we have a score!!!

I'll tell ya what, with 40 minutes per hour of commercials, I have all kinds of time to type here... Wow. Did you know that Motorola has a new super-phone out called the Driod?? Yeah, me neither.... I love these phones... I just wanna make phone calls. Seriously, I don't need to surf, text people, download apps (whatever the hell "apps" are), or any other crap. I just want a phone. What's next, the I-Pipe Wrench?? You can surf, download music, and tighten up pipe fittings?? The I-Circular Saw??? How about the I-Hammer?? Surf the web for 4 hours, then pound in a nail.... Steve Jobs, call your office...

Whoops, back to football. First down, Jay Cutler, damn lucky he wasn't picked again, wow. Begging for a pick. 2nd down, run Forte for a couple. 3rd down, screen, picks up ten. They need to run the screen more... NO huddle, another first down.

Whoops, time out, another 20 minutes of commercials coming up.... This Miller Lite commercial is so lame, first off, question 1, the girlfriend asks him "If me and Buster were hanging over a cliff, who would you save??" Dude, she looks kinda whiney to me, save your doggie. Just a little tip there.

Coming out of a time out, Cutler can't get the ball snapped, delay of game. Darn near inexcuseable, after a timeout... wow. Ardita is flicking the ashes on himself, hoping the gasoline ignites, thus ending his pain, watching this nonsense....

Bears line up for a field goal.... Whoops, delay of game again?!?!??! Unreal. Brutal. Okay, let's try again, back it up 5, make it a 50 yard field goal... Robbie Gold makes it again.

Despite the Bears playing painfully bad, they're only down 7-3.

I vaguely remember another Cutler pick as I dozed off on the couch....

Through the magic of Sleep, it is now Friday morning, and I see Cutler threw 5 picks in an ugly loss. Thus, Leo Woods has taken control for the moment with 16 on the 49ers. Erin07 has 11, VBS 10.

Maybe someone could run over to Ardita's house, make sure he's okay... Take all the sharp objects away from him... 13 points, down the drain.

No comments: