Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Week Eight: 1 ragged hole at 100 yards...

Well, congrats go out to... me?!?!?

Wow, who would have guessed I would be the first to win 2 weeks.

(Let me help you out: No one.)

My Friday Packer observations were not well received by all... oh well. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you "I told ya so!!!" I am not.

I will tell you that we could have TRADED QB'S before the start of that game, and the Packers still lose.

The Vikings are a better team.

The Packers are trying to build through the draft. They are very young. There are no veterans on this team. There is no veteran presence there to smack Johnny Jolly in the head after a boneheaded penalty.

The Vikings have built through the draft, AND FREE AGENCY. They have a mix of young guys AND VETERANS. And they are better.

Ted Thompson, please pick up the white courtesy telephone, reality is on the line...

Moving along, I'm tempted to name names, but I will resist. Let's just say that 3 players, 3, whom I respect, had the Giants for double-digit points....

Are you reading these blogs?? Am I talking to a wall here?? The Fraud That Is Eli Manning, 20 for 39, 1 TD, 2 Picks, 55 QB rating. Ugh.

Okay, so maybe you have no benchmark to compare that to. Maybe you're not into stats. Fine.

B Favre, 17 of 28, 244 yards, 4 TDS, no picks, 128 rating
A Rodgers, 26 of 41, 287 yards, 3 TDs, no picks, 108 rating

Those guys both blew away Eli Manning, and neither one makes Eli Manning type of money.

I see my Cardinals died. Warner, 652 picks, I believe... ouch. Tennessee wins under Vince Young... QB controversy, anyone?? Sure, gimme a pound of that, and some hardrolls...

More tough action next week. The quietly resurgent Cowboys have a showdown with the Eagles... Packers probably get healthy on a helping of the Tampa Bay Bucs, coming off a bye and a trip to London.... Pittsburgh at Denver, another showdown game...

Halfway mark people. Soak it in!!!

BTW (that's "by the way" for computer newbies), if you're not watching ESPN's excellent series "30 for 30", you should be. It's been amazing. It's on Tuesdays, before the World Series of Poker episodes. November 9 is coming up, should be great.

(Shamless aside: congrats to KathB4, winning a 5-table online tourney the other day... nice.)

Anyways, good luck next week!!!

No comments: