Monday, November 16, 2009

Week Ten: Trying to Focus my Leupold Scope...

Well... That was interesting.

I guess congrats have to go out to VBS, nice job.

By rule, I should point out that Ronfic is tied at this point, and if Cleveland wins, depending on the score of said Cleveland win, He oculd win the tie.

I'm tempted to say "It seems highly unlikely Cleveland can win.", but then, it's been a crazy week. It seemed highly unlikely Washington, Green Bay, Carolina, or Jacksonville could win.... Hmmm...

Was that the same Green Bay team that died, and left a stench at Tampa Bay?? I'm still in shock.

A totally pointless win anyway. We're going nowhere. That win simply bought Ted "Beady Eyes" Thompson another year in his plush office. Pathetic.

Steve Czaban (who normally, I love) tried to make the point this morning that "It's impossible to return to the 70's and 80's level of sucking... With modern free agency, and salary caps, it's impossible."

Oh really?? Really? Yeah, I don't know if you're keeping up on current events there Steve-O, but Ted Thompson DOES NOT UTILIZE FREE AGENCY!!! Tedly's idea of going out in free agency and getting a guy is signing Ahman Green off the scrap heap. While Randy Moss waltzes on by, with your star QB offering to give money back... Did you see Randy Moss last night, catching deep balls, and generally being the best wideout in the game?? Tedly watched him walk on by. Watched. Him. Walk. On. By. Still think we can't stink for 20 years??

2nd Point, Think it's REALLY impossible to STINK for years and years under free agency?? Really?

The Cleveland Browns got their team back in 1999. Since that fateful year, they are 55-114. 32% winning percentage. Two seasons above .500 in 11 years. One playoff game. Period. 7 of these seasons have featured 5 wins or less. I'd call that sucking. I would.

Steve Czaban also opined that "The Packers sold out every game, even when they sucked." Uhm, yeah, I guess. Yeah, we had a waiting list for season tickets. However, if you read the excellent book by Ron Wolf, you will note that the first game he attended as GM, with The Immortal Lindy Infante at the controls, yes, the game was "sold out". However, less than 20,000 people were in the stands. Over half your season ticket holders, in other words, not only chose not to go to the game, but they COULDN'T GIVE THEIR TICKETS AWAY, either.

So, let's not kid ourselves here. And to me personally, Tedly is taking this team apart, one bolt at a time, one part at a time, and throwing it in the dumpster.

Anyways, say what you will. I just don't see McCarthy & Thompson hoisting the Lombardi trophy someday, unless they go downstairs into the Packer hall of fame and borrow one of those three...

Watched some of the Colts and Patriots last night. Either one of those teams would fillet the Packers, roll them in a nice breading, deep fry them to golden goodness, and eat them for dinner. Those are good football teams. When I fell asleep, the Patriots seemed to be in total control. I guess I shoulda taped the game, now I'm curious how they could have lost...

Well, I'm 91.7% sure that congrats go out to VBS....

Good luck next week!

No comments: