Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 9: Keep your head down...

Well, to quote the immortal Vincent T. Lombardi: "WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN' ON OUT THERE?!?!?!?"

Ahem. Yeah, no kidding.

Yeah, we just went down to Tampa and got our asses kicked. Hmmm. Ummm-hmmm. Ted Thompson, call your office....

These Packer upsets are killing the pool.

Let's take a quick look at the games that lost THE MOST POINTS. This is poolwide, okay? We have the concept?? Good. In order of most points lost:

#1. Week 6: 252 points were lost on Philly, at Oakland. Everybody had Philly, everybody lost, average of a little over 14 points apiece.

#2. Week 2: 239 Points were lost on Green Bay, vs Cincy. Everybody had the Pack, everybody lost, average of 14 points each.

#3. Week 9: 235 points were lost on Green Bay, at Tampa. Everybody had Green Bay, everybody lost, average of 13.8 points. That would be yesterday's game, if you didn't notice right away.

Anybody sensing a pattern here?? 2 of the 3 biggest upsets of the year were Packer losses....

#4. Week 8: 210 points were lost on Arizona, vs Carolina.

#5. Week 6: 204 points were lost on the Jets, vs Buffalo.

Kinda staggering, really.

I see San Diego had no trouble dispatching The Fraud That Is Eli Manning, and his Giants... Heh heh, actually, I was watching that game... didn't look good for awhile there... I can only conclude that Air Myles is the only person reading this blog. Hey bud, whassahp!!! Well, he's the only person (besides me) who thought San Diego could beat the Giants.

Is this so hard to figure out??? 13 on the Giants? Ten on the Giants?? You're not tired of hitching your wagon to Eli Manning yet?? Or is this like a theoretical "they gotta win one SOMETIME" sort of thing???

(Okay, so the Giants looked okay at various points in the second half. Still, I see Eli Manning, I see Tom Coughlin... And I can't do it.)

Kurt Warner and my Cardinals lit the Bears on fire... Pretty even split on that one, picks all over the place.

Ardita, 14 points on the Bears. There's a true believer. I don't bring this up to pick on Ardita, he just happened to be the heaviest on Chicago... No, my point is, Thursday night, NFL Network, (which, if you have U-Verse, you have it in Hi-def, yummy yummy yummy), The Chicago Bears will travel to San Francisco California, and face the physical and emotional leader from their 85 Super Bowl, Mr. Mike Singletary, and the 49ers. Okay, so it's not as juicy as the Favre-Returns-To-Green-Bay storyline we just had, but I do find it intriguing...

Picks all over the place on Baltimore/Cincy, too... I had a feeling about Cincy, but played it safe... Hmmm. There's a former pool participant sitting in her condo right now, lovin' the fact that Carson Palmer is healthy and playing well again...

Tennessee, 2 and 0 under Vince Young. Wow. Now what. How do I pick Tennessee going forward.... With more Tagamet, clearly... a LOT more... And maybe some Immodium mixed in...

In a shocking development, I was overserved yesterday, and fell asleep in front of the Dallas Cowboys. That is shocking.

So this morning, I see they won. Nice.

I can't win the pool, whereas last night, in the haze, I had convinced myself I could win somehow... But I can't. Air Myles can. And so can Smitty201. My staff tells me that these 2 live together, so, look, take my advice, and someone go to a sports bar... There's nothing more annoying than someone cheering their guts out for the wrong team, right there in the room with you. Seriously. And like, not in a bar, but in your own house. Very painful. Creates a lotta tension in the house, and who needs that? Nobody.

Good luck Air Myles, and Smitty201! And hey people, get your picks in by Thursday!!! Get the picks in!! Do an autopick!! Do SOMETHING!

No comments: