Saturday, January 8, 2011

Memories...

Meeeee - mories... From the caaahhh - ners of my mind... Tra la la la la la LAAAAH lal la laaaahhh...

Hey, what's up.

See if you remember THIS scene....



Of course you do. If you're a Packer Fan, you've spent hours in psychotherapy trying to get OVER that moment... And Ed Donatell's face is still on a milk carton somewhere.... (big hint for you there...) Answer later.

Yeah, well, it's time. I know it's time. I want to thank the fans for making this possible... I just have nothing else to give.

Sure, by next summer, I'll be itching to play again, but for now, lemme retire.

Anyways, The Season is over.

We have a champion.



Yes, Ardita is the champion. Passed Gregslo by in week 17. Heavy lies the crown, dude. Good luck with that. Next thing you know, you're in last place, wondering what happened.... But for now, wear it around the house, and enjoy.

Gregslo finished second. Nice job, after a couple years off.

And Erin07 finished on top of a VERY tight race for third. Nice job man. This guy complained to me all year about how tough these games were to figure out. So, one last time, you're complaining to the wrong guy, dude. I figured out nothing.

I seem to recall it being a running joke, saying "We're gonna learn a LOT about these two teams this week..." I didn't learn anything, I guess.

Highz, Smitty201, Elusive, and the Florida Boys were very very close to that third spot. I was joking about Erin07 spending the year in 7th... One pick. One. Really, the difference from 3rd to 7th.

Figured out that picture yet?? Of course, it is when the Eagles converted 4th and 26 against the Packers. Brutal. I still have nightmares.

Anyways, I always like to do this, to highlight how good some of you are at picking these games. Here's our pool, vs experts.

Accuscore 168-88

Erin07 166-90

Gregslo 165-91

Jason Cole 164-92
Elusive

Ardita
Highz 163-93
Ronfic

Florida Boys 162-94

Chris Mortensen 160-96
Les Carpenter

Mark Schlereth 158-98

Not too bad. Many of you are mixed in with the best pickers from various websites. So, congrats on that.

Well, we're probably left with this:



And this:



As our final memories of Brett Favre. Is that enough for you, Favre Hating Nation??

I prefer to remember Brett more like this:







We WERE going nowhere, before those guys showed up. And now we're going nowhere again. This season was the first in the last 4 that we started the season WITHOUT the youngest team in the NFL. Then we released Al Harris mideseason, and once again, we are the YOUNGEST team in the NFL.

The youngest team in the NFL has never won the Super Bowl.

Anyways, it was a great season. Enjoy!

No comments: