Friday, January 30, 2009

The Super Bowl!!!

Alright kids, this is it.... The last tackle football game of the season. Gonna be a long long time before the next one.

As for my picks, what can I say.

I love the Cards, getting 7 points. Love it. If they fall behind early, that could be a problem. I think the Pittsburgh D can play very differently with a big lead, and if you can just play pass, that's tough on an opponent...

In a close game, or a shootout type game, I love the Cards chances to cover, if not win outright.

I keep remembering that in the 2nd week of December, the Cowboys had this Steeler team put away handily, and then imploded on themselves....

And, the Cards just faced an awfully tough Philly Defense that was no joke.... and they seemed to be okay.

I also wouldn't bet any money on Hines Ward being at all healthy. This is starting to feel like the "Oh yeah, he's gonna play" BS, when they know darn well he's out until next August...

I also love the over 46.5. Lots of Super Bowls historically have gone over. Airzona could put up 40 by themselves no problem.

One problem I see for the Cards could be officiating. That Pittsburgh Super Bowl a few years ago vs. Seattle was pretty much of a joke. This better be some straight officiating.

This could turn out to be a Pittsburgh "home game" too... They're kind of like the Packers, their fans are loyal to a fault, they have a rich tradition, and the weather sucks where they are, so their fans travel well. At Harpoon Harry's Bar in Port Charlotte, Packer fans and Steeler fans pack that place every Sunday to watch their home team on satellite. And so do other fans, but there's so many of these fans, they typically put Packers games and Steelers games on in side rooms, so the fans can congregate and go crazy without disrupting the entire establishment.

Who'd leave Arizona, anyway?? In the winter, no less?? Seriously, you're in Arizona. It's paradise in winter. Why fly to Tampa?? Exactly. Hey, there's been days in Tampa lately where it barely got above 60. And lemme tell ya somethin', to those Florida puppies, that is COLD. That is DANGEROUS COLD. Lock the doors and crank that furnace, and hope you survive.

Meanwhile here in wonderful southeast Wisconsin, it's been 30-some odd days since the temp got above 32. This morning, I get in my truck, it's 4 degrees outside. 4. Absurd. A few days ago, it was 17 or 18, and it felt good!

The other day, I was telling a co-worker "At least it stopped snowing every other day..." Which is sad. In Arizona and Florida, they don't have these absurd concerns about how many more feet of snow are going to fall.... They like, can't play golf today, but probably tomorrow it'll be okay....

Ahh, enough of that. Actually, I shouldn't complain. My old pals who still work outside are REALLY suffering... I'm in a heated office part of the day. I still have to drive over iced up snow covered roads in the middle of nowhere all night, but I don't have to stand outside for hours with a test set....

Well, enjoy the game. It's an intriguing matchup.

Note to Roger Goodell, while I'm at it: Since we have 2 weeks between, would it kill ya to have the Super Bowl on SATURDAY??? This game starts late Sunday.... Some of us have to go to work Monday morning. Some of us have to go to work Sunday at midnight.

So again, note to employers: don't get your hopes up for Monday. My goal is to make it in. Period. That's my goal. Make it in, and survive for 8 hours.

Enjoy the game!

No comments: