Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fresh Magazine going in...

Well, first off, congrats have to go out to RONFIC, for his big win last week. I'd have to say, that Cleveland, Atlanta, Denver trifecta of afternoon picks was real good. Dude is real good.

I still don't believe Denver beat New England. I just don't. Be that as it may, RONFIC has a big win.

Patriots blasted Tennessee this afternoon... Is Tennessee officially reeling?? Um, yeah.

I'm watching this Buffalo at the Jets game here... Nobody wants to win this game. Jets intercepted, Bills just intercepted back. We're in overtime, with 4 minutes to go. This could be a tie. And before you ask, I don't remember what happens in a tie, so don't ask. I think everyone gets their points, but don't quote me on that.

Okay, nevermind, Buffalo just kicked a field goal in overtime. Barely snuck that puppy inside the right upright. The Bills?!?!? Going on the road to get a win??? Huh?? Whaa??? The Bills?? Really??? The woeful pathetic Bills?? Dick Jauron at the helm, winning in New York against the trendy Jets????

Have the Jets just lost 3 in a row?? (let me help you out: yes.) Are the Jets now reeling?? Yes.

Did my Arizona Cardinals blast Seattle in Seattle?? Yes they did.

I was just thinking this morning, I don't think the spread is high enough on the Philly-Oakland game. If it was Philly by 21, would that shock anyone? Not me.

Also, it occured to to me that I have the Eagles in both of my "last man standing" pools... Which I generally feel is a real bad idea. I just never do it. You don't want to try to sail all your ships through the deadly Straits of Hormuz in a "Last Man Standing" scenario...

But I'd saved the Eagles, saved them, held them close, for JUST SUCH AN OCCASSION, when they would be such a mortal lock, I would then use them, and put another win in the spreadsheet, and live to fight another week.

Philly is such a lock, sometimes you just have to do it....

Doh-ooooFFF!!! Another gut punch. Excuse me while I throw up... Wiped out of TWO Survivor Pools, in one fell swoop. Put the donkey ears on me, I'm a donkey.

A few weeks ago, I was writing about the vaunted NFC East, the toughtest division in football. Yeah, don't look now, but the Eagles, Redskins, and Giants all played today. They were all favored. And they all lost.

The Giants, to be fair, are a fraud. Eli Manning is a fraud.

(That was fair?? What? That's not fair... They're the best team in the NFC East!!!)

Okay, The Giants are an okay team. Eli Manning is truly a Fraud. If you don't like it, start your own blog.

Okay Eli Manning apologists, here's your boy's line, from Yahoo sports:
E. Manning 14 31 178 1 1 61.0
Thats 14 of 31, 178 yards, 1 TD 1 pick, rating of 61.0. That's your guy, giant fan!! That's your boy!!! so, while you're busy blasting Tony Romo, you might wonder how the Fraud that is Eli Manning keeps HIS job....

I was trying to make a point though, uhh, hmm....

(scrolling back, re-reading, give me a sec here...)

Yeah, okay, so you have the Redskins, in complete free falling meltdown, losing at home to Kansas City. KC?? Really? Yeah, Jim Zorn, you are on the Coors Light hot seat. For Pete's sake, Dick Jauron got a win ON THE ROAD today... Tag, you're it, Jim...

The Eagles like to think they're pretty good. Except they just went to Oakland and got beat. The great Donovan McNabb, 22 of 46, rating of 66. Nice.

So much for the NFC East. I like the Cowboys chances better every second...

and I would have to say, that was a bold statement by the Saints.

Vikings also pulled out a nail biter. Are you believing in the Vikings yet??? That's okay, wait a few more weeks, then jump on the bandwagon....

Well, it looks like I'm tied with JUMBO Y GENIUS. I need Atlanta and Denver. I'm finally starting to believe in Denver.

Another thrilling week... enjoy!

No comments: