Monday, October 19, 2009

Week 6 final thoughts

Okay, I awake this morning to find myself in the lead alone....

However, I still need Denver. The Broncos of Denver need to go to San Diego and get a big win for me here....



This guy here is why I feel pretty good about that pick....



Indeed, that is Norv Turner, Head Coach, San Diego Chargers.

Looking at these poolwide picks, I see that Jumbo Y Genius, my pals in sunny Florida, are in second place... But they can't win. If San Diego does pull this out, Badgergil is going to get his first win of the season.

Sorry fellas. Good week though. I loved the KC over Washington pick. Loved it. I REEEELY was gonna do that myself, but I just didn't have the frickin guts to do it. All I can really say is, myself and Air Myles had the sense to only put 3 points on the Snyder Deadskins...

(I've often wondered, if you're taking a game for three or less, does it make any sense not to go ahead and go the other way??? Or is the three just a "throwing in of the towel" sort of point number, leaving the pick itself irrelevant?? Maybe I wonder too much???)

(Okay, let me wonder for one more second: My thoughts when I took that game, if I recall through the haze of prescription medications, were that I wanted no part of that game, either way. And since some offshore gambling havens had installed the Deadskins as 7 point favorites, Ahhh, ya know, what was I supposed to do?? And in the ultimate indignity, the Deadskins only scored 9 points!!! Favored by 7, total output 9... Things that make you go "Hmmmm...")

Anyways, one more quick random thought: Braylon Edwards! Braylon Edwards, the human dropped pass for the Cleveland Browns. Has led the league in drops for two seasons. I tell ya what, since the plane taxied out onto the runway to leave the Cleve, dude has remembered how to catch suddenly. I saw him make two ridiculous circus catches yesterday in that Bills Jets debacle.

Dude is a genius. He Figured out how to get out of Cleveland!

Cleveland fans, you may now douse yourself with gasoline, and light yourselves on fire.

Alright Badgergil, good luck tonight... For those of you not aware, Badgergil and I are sitting atop the season standings as well, so this little contest has a lot riding on it.... so good luck.

Badgergil is reading this, saying "Yeah, same phoney-baloney good luck to you too, pal."

No comments: